Proletariat is looking for candidates for a Senior Narrative Designer position that will play an integral part of our Content team. This role will work closely with the Director of Content and partner with other designers, product managers, and artists on a wide array of interesting projects to create vibrant and engrossing worlds for our players. This role will have a hand in creation through everything from writing dialogue to participating in high level concept meetings with other disciplines. Want to build rich worlds full of intrigue and drama? This role might be for you!
- Act as the owner of the creation, iteration, and implementation process of all Narrative initiatives for selected projects.
- Concept, pitch, and create additional backstory for the game world for a more immersive and inclusive experience for players.
- Design, develop, and implement ongoing content to players using Excel, Unreal Engine 4, and proprietary tools.
- Write compelling player-facing lore and content for use both in and out of game to attract potential players and retain regular players.
- Ensure a coherent world design and tone across the game's content and systems to elevate the player's immersion.
- Contribute to and shape the story bible and compendium detailing the backstories, names, descriptions, behaviors, and other facets of the various items, locations, and mechanics within game universes.
- Give critical feedback to the rest of the team about the game as a whole.
- Edit the writing of other members of the team.
- Collaborate with the Director of Content to construct and deliver on a content calendar for assigned games
- Mentor junior members of the Content team.
- 5+ years of professional experience in content/narrative design preferred.
- 4+ years of professional experience required
- Prior shipped content in RPGs, MMORPGs or action RPGs, or another content-heavy genre.
- Excellent fiction and non-fiction writing skills.
- Experience working within an agile methodology.
- Experience working cross-functionally with Artists, Engineers, and other disciplines a plus.
- A deep understanding of storytelling, especially as it relates to games.
- Familiarity with modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc) and/or narrative design tools (Twine, Inform, ChoiceScript, etc).
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (literature, history, marketing, journalism, etc) preferred.