Senior Narrative Designer
We are looking for an experienced Narrative Designer to bring their snappy dialog, and captivating character arcs to Storm8’s collection of hit interior design games! Storm8 is looking for a writer that knows the ins and outs of game development and can create beautiful stories within tight deadlines and technical constraints.
This person will be responsible for designing the universe, characters, narrative systems and storylines for new games and features, as well as mentoring more junior designers in creating immersive narratives for existing games. We’re looking for someone who respects and loves their audience, and is passionate about creating inclusive stories that have their share of drama, but not at the expense of relatable, multidimensional characters.
- Partner with UX and engineering teams in designing robust and scalable narrative systems
- Establish world, characters, and narrative arcs for multiple games
- Design strategies for narrative in a linear and non-linear progression
- Work closely with art team in visualizing characters and expressions
- Mentor writers and designers by demonstrating techniques and methodologies for narrative design
- Write compelling stories and characters that capture our players’ hearts and minds
- 5+ years Narrative Design and Game Writing experience, or equivalent.
- Strong proofreading and copywriting skills
- Able to outline, schedule, and maintain multiple storylines for different games and features
- Experience writing for both established IPs and original characters
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong understanding of standard F2P mobile game pipelines, post-launch content cadence
- Experience mentoring or leading writers and/or designers