As a Senior/ Lead Web Game Engineer, you will be responsible for building gameplay systems and features using the Phaser game engine. You will work closely with our team of developers, designers and producers to build a new game experience from scratch: get in on the ground-floor of new product innovations, as a high impact key contributor.
Knowledgehook’s purpose is to inspire and develop the problem solvers of tomorrow. We have a math education brand with a passionate fan-base and are assembling a purpose-driven team who loves to collaborate and solve problems with innovative solutions.
What you will be doing
- Full software lifecycle application development – designing, coding, debugging and documenting applications
- Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and with predictability
- Lead in all phases of design and programming activities
- Collaborate with architects and product managers on design decisions and directions for product requirements
- Collaborate with designers to ensure that their vision aligns with the ability to build our platform
- Build and maintain core engine components, pipelines and tools on multiple hardware platforms
- Accurately estimate schedules and deliver high quality work products
- Ensure quality of code meets the required standards
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar role, as a web-based game developer
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, build processes, and testing
- Deep knowledge of web front-end development, including Typescript, Canvas, WebGL
- Experience with Phaser or Pixi JS is considered an asset
- Experience working on live-service game development cycles is an asset
- Experience working on a live service (post-release) game is an asset
- Understanding of backend web development is an asset
- Experience managing a team of developers is considered an asset
- Experience interfacing with RESTful and realtime websocket APIs
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and problem solving
- Strategic mindset, with an eye to identifying (and executing) strategic opportunities
- Ability to give and take feedback
What’s in it for you
- Be a contributor in the journey of a fast growing organization
- Join an extremely talented, diverse, and collaborative team of passionate builders and problem-solvers
- Great benefits: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off
- Flexible work hours
How to Apply
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code Knowledgehook Inc. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Thank you for your interest in Knowledgehook. Due to the impact of COVID-19, our top priority is ensuring that our employees are safe and policies and procedures have been developed to effectively handle our response to the outbreak. As a result, we will be conducting interviews virtually. Everyone’s safety is our primary concern as we navigate through the interview process.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted