Down Smash Studios is in search of a Senior/Intermediate 3D Artist to join our growing team and take part in building a top quality Unreal Engine 4 game. The ideal candidate has a broad skillset to take on a variety of asset creation tasks featuring organic and hard-surface elements. The artist will join the team to assist in the development, design, and creation of visually impressive worlds and/or characters. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in an Agile Environment (scrum) and is self-managing and intuitive. Passion for playing video games is a must!
Key Responsibilities and Expectations
- Conceptualizing and creating organic and hard-surface assets, characters, props, buildings, textures, and materials
- Optimizing assets and materials for efficient in-game usage
- Working closely with level designers to achieve level art and design goals
- Meeting quality benchmarks and deadlines in a timely manner
- Frequent communication and feedback with the leadership, art, and design teams
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong understanding of the 3D art pipeline from conceptualization to production
- Several years of experience creating 3D art for game development
- Strong proficiency with 3D software such as Maya and ZBrush
- Experience with texturing suites including Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4
- Able to wear multiple hats and take on different roles
- Ability to adapt to various aesthetics and art styles
- Self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude
- Functions well with a team – collaboration and communication skills are important
Nice to Have
- Experience with version control (Github)
- Technical Art experience
- Strong eye for lighting and color
- Experience with VFX and particle systems
Down Smash Studios was started by talented gamers with many years of experience in the software industry who are passionate about creating awesome, high quality games. DSS believes in a healthy work-life balance and provides its employees with excellent perks including flexible hours, health coverage, fun online events, and delivered supply packs.
DSS is working on an open-world survival/action Unreal Engine 4 title.
We are looking for someone driven, organized, and passionate about video game development.
We go to great lengths to create an excellent work environment, built on trust and a shared passion for video games. The ideal candidate should provide a creative cover letter, portfolio, and resume. Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com and we look forward to hearing from you!
Please ensure that a portfolio is submitted along with your application.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are not able to respond to every applicant. If you do not receive a response, please know that we are grateful and appreciate your interest in our studio.