As a game developer, you know the impact games can have. Imagine taking that to a new level-Level Ex-by creating games for medical professionals to hone their skills and provide better patient care. Using our cutting-edge mobile, AR, and VR titles, doctors practice high-risk procedures with the latest medical devices and experience the thrill and challenge of performing actual surgery.
Located in Chicago’s desirable River North neighborhood, Level Ex’s fast-growing game studio recreates medical scenarios that replicate the complexities of the human body: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal. In addition to state-of-the-art graphics, supported by the latest generation technology, we employ a broad range of game mechanics and physics tech-collaborating with acclaimed surgeons to produce the best games for doctors. Games increase dramatically in difficulty as players progress, and feature compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance.
With hundreds of thousands of downloads, Level Ex has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians. Join our award-winning team of designers, developers, and artists in keeping doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
We’re currently looking for a talented, problem-solving Senior Graphics Engineer to join our expanding team.
- Create elements of the human body in extreme detail in a real-time, rendered environment: including tissue, blood, and fluids
- Create new shaders, shader nodes, and materials for a wide range of surfaces and visual effects
- Work closely with the art team to prototype new techniques and establish texture/modeling pipelines for production shaders
- Implement performance optimizations on various mobile devices and VR
- 5+ years of game industry development experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience authoring shaders in HLSL, GLSL and/or Cg.
- Deep 3D math skills (linear algebra, matrix/vector math, trigonometry, etc.)
- Background in computer graphics, including the fundamentals of lighting models, ray tracing, rasterization, texture mapping, and shading
- Basic understanding of GPU architecture
- Experience with shader performance and debugging tools
- Experience with visual shader editors (UE4, Shader Forge, or ShaderMonkey)
- Unity or UE4 experience
- Mobile shader development/optimization experience
- 3D Graphics API experience (OpenGL or DirectX)
- Apple Metal experience
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.