The Senior Gameplay Engineer will work to design innovative gameplay systems. This person will join an ongoing project, and interact with our development partners concerning the project needs.
This is a full time, in-office position. Relocation assistance within the US is available for this position.
To apply for this position, please send resume to: HR@Armature.com
- Designing, building and maintaining major gameplay systems.
- Designing, building and maintaining other client or server systems as required.
- Collaborating with producers and design staff to optimize gameplay tools and mechanics.
- Accurately estimating time and effort required for assigned technical tasks.
- Keeping co-workers and development partners informed about progress of deliverables as well as prerequisites for feature implementation.
- Demonstrating care and commitment to quality, bug free software development.
- Minimum of 6 years of AAA game industry experience working as a gameplay engineer, with at least 2 shipped titles.
- Proficient in Unreal4
- Experience leading initiatives and strike teams on previous projects
- Experience developing dynamic gameplay-related systems.
- Strong knowledge of 3D math and game physics
- Some experience working on game AI.
- Proficient in C/C++.
- Experience with scripting languages and component based game engines.
- Able to adhere to the prevalent coding style and practices, including source control standards.
- Able to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Able to work well under pressure of deadlines.
- Able to work within a highly dynamic startup environment where team members typically have multiple responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong time management and process documentation skills.
- Candidates must have a US work permit or citizenship.