Proletariat is seeking a Senior Game Engineer to join the team working on unannounced projects. This individual will work with the product team to build innovative multiplayer gameplay mechanics, effective User Interfaces, and persistent game systems. Senior Game Engineers also work with artists to deliver high quality visuals at smooth framerates in Unreal Engine 4. We are looking for someone who is a detail-oriented generalist, with substantial experience building highly-polished products for demanding audiences.
- Prototype and build new multiplayer gameplay features.
- Develop effective User Interfaces, e.g. Heads-Up Display elements, notifications, and menus
- Create and document technical designs as needed for new features.
- Provide code reviews for coworkers and guidance for more junior engineers.
- Work with artists to build new graphical effects.
- Identify and fix client and server performance issues.
- 5 years professional experience in game development preferred.
- 2 years professional experience developing game systems for real-time networked multiplayer games required.
- Professional development experience with C/C++.
- Shipped real-time 3D PC or Console titles.
- Solid understanding of 3D math fundamentals.
- Experience with other high-level programming languages (e.g. Go, Java, C#…) preferred.
- Experience with web technologies such as RESTful APIs, node.js, redis, and cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or similar services is preferred.