Bladework Games is a new game studio building a brand new living, online, cooperative multiplayer IP for the PC first and cross platform future. We're creating a new take on the ARPG genre, focusing on exciting combat, meaningful cooperative play, and the creation of a truly fun gameplay experience.
We're looking for someone who wants to be part of the core foundation of Bladework Games. An expert who understands the complexities, dimensions, and balancing act of creating satisfying combat and exciting combat and teamplay. As a Senior Combat Designer you will collaborate with design, engineering, art and animation teams to create varied and compelling real-time combat, design fun and diverse ability kits, and develop foundational combat systems that other designers will follow. You will also ideally be proficient in Unreal and the creation of combat state machines and the data that drives them.
You would be a great fit if you love playing games and enjoy the challenge of shaping a game from the early stages.
If this sounds appealing to you, we'd love to chat.
- Create exceptional weapons, abilities, and engaging enemies.
- Pitch, develop, prototype, and tune combat mechanics.
- Work alongside leadership, art, and tech to create polished combat experiences.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of Game Design Experience.
- A track record of designing and implementing deep and engaging combat.
- Hands-on experience with and strong ability to implement in Unreal.
- High quality communication skills, able to convey abstract concepts verbally, and in documentation.
- Experience working in tight iteration loops that incorporate and build on feedback.
- Experience balancing overarching combat-related systems.