Learning Yogi is an award-winning social impact startup that is creating an exciting game-based learning platform (called the Atlas Mission) which kids around the world can use to teach themselves. Please visit our websites at https://www.LearningYogi.com and https://www.AtlasMission.com to learn more.
We are looking for an outstanding senior game designer to join our rapidly growing team on a full-time basis and spearhead the design and development of the educational games that are going to be included in our platform.
This is a remote, full-time position. You will be an integral part of our core team based around the world.
You will receive an extremely competitive compensation package at the top end of the market in your country.
Do the best work of your life
When you work with Learning Yogi, we guarantee the following:
- You’ll work harder and on more challenging projects than you’ve ever worked before.
- But, the work won’t feel like work because you’ll enjoy every moment of it.
- You’ll work with a group of hugely talented and passionate team members, who are united in our mission to revolutionise education, and who will inspire you to do the best work of your life.
- Work with management team and external consultants to flesh out and document game ideas
- Design the game mechanics and user interface of each game
- Design and create multiple levels for each game
- Work with other members of the production team (e.g. our in-house game developers and game artists, external voiceover artists and sound designers, etc.)
- Coordinate and manage the production of assets by different team members to ensure a smooth production pipeline
- Oversee multiple rounds of playtesting for each game by kids, obtain feedback from them, and implement the insights obtained from such play-testing into game revisions
- Contribute to recruiting new talent, as per the organisation’s needs
- Passionate about working for a social cause and making a huge difference to the lives of underprivileged kids in developing countries
- Has at least 5 years of experience in game design, or at least 2 years of experience in game design for young kids
- Has a portfolio of at least 6 games that have been published on the Google Play Store, Apple App Store, or other distribution channels, which we can review
- Proficient in Unity
- Has abstraction skills allowing him/her to isolate essential parameters of a system in order to create a prototype
- Good eye for highly engaging gameplay experiences, strong advocate for the end-user experience
- Understands how to optimize the impact of each reward in a game in order to maximize player motivation
- A scrappy, entrepreneurial attitude and drive that gets high-quality projects done quickly
- English proficiency – spoken and written