About Savepoint Games
We’re building a new type of games company, unlike any you’ve seen before. We make free to play mobile games which are a net positive in our players’ lives. We believe there’s a path to making a very successful mobile games company that doesn’t monetize on frustration.
We’re backed by world class investors that have invested in companies like Kickstarter, Tumblr, and Giphy.
Savepoint is seeking a talented, experienced, Game Designer to help lead our team to success.
Your communication skills, organization, focus on iteration, and polish are all outstanding. You've led teams of designers who would love to work with you again, and you've got a portfolio of shipped games that demonstrate your skills. You can focus a team discussion so everyone feels heard, while delivering a concise conclusion. People come to you for insightful feedback and advice on gnarly design problems. You can pinpoint the key characteristics necessary for a game's success and relentlessly prioritize to make them shine.
Ideal candidates have experience with realtime strategy design, similar to RTS and Tower/Lane Defense games. You should have demonstrated experience in designing core gameplay.
We’re open to candidates seeking full time or contract positions.
- Collaborate with engineers, artists, producers, and other designers in an iterative, agile development process
- Drive gameplay, systems, and content design through all development phases, from concept to live operations
- Once live, respond to feedback and data to constantly improve
- Help to drive the project schedule, including the roadmap and backlog
- Provide both high-level game design direction and hands-on design implementation
- Demonstrate proven design practices and mentor junior designers
- 1+ years of working on a live, mobile free-to-play title
- 3+ years of professional video game industry experience as a lead/senior designer on a free to play game.
- 2+ complete product cycles from concept to ship, including at least one in a senior design role
- Strong knowledge of basic game design and design theory
- Reliable scheduling/time management skills
- Ability to learn new tools and workflows with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Great to have: experience designing Tower or Lane Defense games (If you don’t meet requirements above but have this, please apply!)
Working at Savepoint
Savepoint is a remote first company where you'll be working alongside developers around the globe. We value grit, curiosity, and truth, and are looking for passionate individuals who want to make great games and change the world at the same time.
We believe talent is equally distributed but opportunity is not. That’s why we’re building a remote-first company, to enable us to work with the best people around the world. In addition, Savepoint is committed to building a culture where everyone's voice is heard and their feedback is addressed - at all levels and across all of our teams. We value diversity of ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds. We’ll prioritize these values over any short-term gains.
Benefits (Full Time only)
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Unlimited PTO policy with a required yearly minimum
- Generous parental leave
To apply, head to http://savepoint.games/#careers
If you have questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org