Hardsuit Labs is looking for a talented Senior Game Designer to join the team and help us create exciting, new gameplay experiences. The Senior Game Designer takes charge of large and complex design problems and is responsible for maintaining ownership over long term initiatives. They are the steward of the overall player experience and know exactly how to keep players engaged, satisfied, and wanting more.
You are the glue of the design department. You inspire, mentor, and coach junior team members. You take charge of day-to-day communication inside and outside of the Design Team to ensure that project design pillars, established by the Creative Director, are understood by the team. You have outstanding leadership, communication, and documentation skills, and can translate the high-level vision into a series of unforgettable gameplay moments.
Clear Communication. Understand, champion, and communicate the project design pillars and high-level goals.
Guidance and Direction. Establish gameplay concepts and goals. Work directly with designers to refine and implement concepts in game. Own and update related documentation.
Ownership. Oversee design efforts to ensure captivating, well-paced, and consistent experiences.
Flexibility. Constantly evaluate the state of the project in relation to design goals and pillars. As necessary, adjust priorities and deliverables, communicating with relevant stakeholders.
- 5 years of experience in a variety of design roles with progressive leadership responsibilities.
- Detail oriented. Able to successfully prioritize multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to speak to design philosophy and vision to stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
- Proven mentorship and coaching ability. Able to provide constructive criticism and feedback.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Strong UE4 experience.
- Console development experience on one or more high-profile game titles.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be willing to complete a design test.