Proletariat is seeking a Senior Environment Artist with a focus on architecture and structures for our work on World of Warcraft. In this role you will create the look of dungeons, raids, and architecture to engage and inspire curiosity in our players. The ideal candidate is a skilled 3D artist with experience in modeling interior and exterior architecture, who creates tastefully stylized art that serves the needs of gameplay, real-time performance metrics, and artistic vision. You are a patient and empathetic communicator and love taking ownership on projects.
- Collaborate with Leads, Art Directors, Concept Artists, Game Designers, and Software Engineers to design and iterate on in-game environment art
- Work in 3D authoring software to prototype and construct architectural assets from rough draft through production quality, including modeling, UV mapping, texturing, and lighting
- Create 2D hand-painted textures (with no photograph overlays)
- Complete technically sound art within agreed-upon production schedules and with minimal direction.
- Solicit and apply regular feedback from Leads, Art Director and other collaborators
- Work with performance in mind to ensure that assets meet performance budgets.
- Communicate with Producers to maintain clear and consistent goals, and generate and meet time estimates
- Mentor and offer feedback to more junior Dungeon Artists, motivate peers toward excellence
- Incorporate feedback to iterate on project visual direction
- Be a strong force in upholding a welcoming and respectful atmosphere for collaboration, communication, and creativity, with an emphasis on the values of diversity and inclusion
- Some experience modeling, texturing, and lighting 3D architectural elements
- A solid grasp of architecture fundamentals
- Software experience such as 3ds Max or Maya and Photoshop
- Experience creating assets in stylized material pipelines with an understanding of real-time game development needs
- Understanding of traditional art principles including composition, design, shape language, and color theory
- Can be relied upon to quickly learn new processes and software as needed
- Experience working in a collaborative, iterative, agile environment
- Excited to work together with other artists, improve visual skills, learn new techniques and applicable technology.
- Strong communication skills; readily shares knowledge and information with others
- Self-directed, enthusiastic, positive, embraces critiques
- Understands the audience and appreciates games
- Cover Letter
- Link to your portfolio
What we offer
- Healthcare, dental, and vision, most of which are 100% sponsored by Proletariat to cover you and your family.
- Flexible PTO Policy with a focus on minimum time away, rather than maximum.
- 401K plan with generous matching contributions.
- Wellness reimbursements and discounts
- Flexible working hours.
- Our office is currently still remote, but we look forward to moving to an optional hybrid model in the future. If you’re based outside of the Boston-area and you’re not looking to relocate, we understand! Just let us know your situation during your phone screen conversation, and we’ll see if we can accommodate making a remote hire!
Proletariat values a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.