Zapdot is currently accepting applications for a Senior Engineer position at our studio.
Our work spans both the education and entertainment sectors, where we’ve helped clients at every stage of development, from concepts for brand new technologies to post-launch LiveOps.
Given the fluid nature of our work, we look for individuals whose skillsets and interests are multifaceted and multidisciplinary. Your assignments will be determined by a mixture of your interests, the challenges you’re looking to take on, and the needs of our projects.
Your role will include a variety of the following responsibilities:
- Leading and collaborating on the technical design and architecture of our products and underlying technologies.
- Working cohesively with a team of artists, musicians, and designers to establish the necessary pipelines to effectively deliver the overall goals/vision of a product.
- Estimate and extrapolate tasks from design documentation, feature stories, technical requirements, and conversations.
- Assisting production to plan for and identify upcoming dependencies while maintaining a schedule that aligns with stakeholder expectations.
- Writing high-quality, performant code.
Previous experience in the follow areas are highly desirable:
- Hardware-centric product development
- Framework/SDK development
- Resource-constrained development (mobile/console development, integrated systems, etc.)
- Native Development (Objective-C/Swift, Java, C/C++)
Qualified applicants should demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as a strong attention to detail. We are particularly focused on bringing on individuals with several years of experience in a production environment as well as an advanced understanding of modern game engines, particularly Unity.
Zapdot is always on the lookout to add diverse, passionate individuals to the team. We cultivate an environment that supports career growth with challenges and responsibilities to match everyone’s interests. Deadlines are scheduled in a way that prioritize the team’s physical and mental wellbeing. There are some great perks too -- including a generous time-off policy and an annual hardware/software stipend.
This is a full-time paid position with benefits.