Daybreak Games is building teams as diverse as our ideas.
- Build out core aspects of the DC Universe Online using the Unreal Engine.
- Design, implement, and iterate on the engine side features of our game with designers, artists and other programmers.
- Analyze engine performance and resolve bottlenecks.
- Write, maintain and optimize network communication between servers and clients, as well as other core back-end services.
- Implement client-side game technologies (rendering, animation, particles, audio, asset pipeline).
Leader in Craft
- Language: Expert C++ programming ability, and asynchronous programming (multiple threads and/or multiple processes).
- Engine: Well versed in Unreal 3 (Unreal 4 is a plus).
- Critical Thinking: Strong 3D math skills.
- Platforms: Console and PC
- Bonus: Multiplayer game client-side experience is preferred (especially action combat based games).
- End Result: Ability to analyze feature requests and iterate with the team to deliver implementations that accomplish the intended goals while still being robust and performant.
- Empathy:Anything is possible and nothing is rejected out of hand. We strive to see others points of view, in both colleagues and our players.
- Ownership:We treat game features as our own from start to finish. Which means taking the initiative to find both problems and solutions.
- Humility:We're looking for people who want to work with the smartest people they can. We look for ways to elevate one another and actively seek feedback to find the best possible course of action.
- Honesty:We value diverse opinions. We are transparent, candid and caring, always. We are excited to see where the next great idea will come from.