Nothing beats a great story, be part of ours!
Join ON Animation Studios, an acclaimed CG Animation film producer.
We are the CG studio of ON Entertainment, producer of The Little Prince (winner of the 2016 César for Best Animated Film), Mune and the highly anticipated movie Playmobil directed by Lino DiSalvo (Frozen and Tangled).
Being an international talent hub, we offer you the exciting chance to work alongside major animation producers, and onsite with amazing artists and stars like Lino, Alexandre Heboyan (Mune) and Mark Osborne (The Little Prince).
Our studio is the place where fun, technology and quality meet, giving you the chance to work on one-of-a-kind projects that are as exciting to work on as they are to watch. Our new offices in the heart of downtown Montreal are pretty cool, too.
Are you a team player with a passion for the quality of your work? Apply now for an awesome opportunity to boost your career to the next level!
- Design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code, primarily in Unity but also in Unreal;
- Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems;
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed;
- Work with CG artists and technical directors in order to implement assets in-engine;
- Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers;
- Design and implement gameplay features within an established framework;
- Research innovative ideas to improve efficiency and satisfy technical requirements, especially when it comes to the areas of VR and AR;
- Contribute advice and support around implementation of large technical projects with innovative solutions;
- Work with Creative Director, Producers, technical and creative leads to provide input for the budgeting process for technical gameplay/engine elements of a production;
- Across the VR group provide research and technical liaison between offices, and, where possible, share knowledge and facilitate communication between them;
- Draw upon technical understanding to practically solve client problems alongside the growing
- Mentor other engineers as needed to increase their abilities and productivity.
- C++ (strong)
- Shader languages (Cg, HLSL, GLSL)
- Solid CG understanding;
- Knowledge of Realtime rendering, Rasterization, skinning, animation, etc.;
- Comfortable with shader programming (cg/hlsl/glsl);
- The ability to script and utilize unique VFX animation in UE4 and Unity Engine (and/or equivalents such as UE3 / UDK);
- OpenCV, Open NI, GPU programming an advantage;
- The ability to take existing pre-rendered photoreal quality assets and repurpose for instant interaction in game engine technology;
- Strong math and physics skills.
- Solves problems with tech: capable of self-direction;
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Positive attitude towards learning and sharing, team-oriented;
- Extremely organized with an excellent attention to detail;
- Deadline orientated; able to work and communicate effectively in a fast paced environment;
- Genuinely passionate about Virtual Reality and emerging technologies.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority. Thank you to all those who express interest in being a part of the ON Animation Studios team.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings, you will be contacted.
The greatest stories come from the greatest talents. Join us at ON Animation Studio!