PerBlue is looking for a talented Senior Data Analyst to join our team. We’re a quickly growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games have been played by millions people around the world, including our recently launched Disney Heroes: Battle Mode game. We’re looking for an ambitious data lover who can help us dig through mountains of video game data, analyze it, find actionable insights, and present them to everyone else in the team.
This highly cross-functional role interacts regularly with marketing, live-ops, development, product, and management teams. You’ll be a key addition to our BI team and be involved in the full lifecycle of our data infrastructure - everything from designing database schemas and writing SQL queries, to creating and presenting succinct and informative dashboards and visualizations.
Our ideal candidate is a quick learner who is very detail-oriented, goal driven, and truly loves analyzing numbers and making sense of large amounts of data. You should have a strong motivation to work with data and technology in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum 2 years experience in data-related role
- Minimum 2 years experience writing analytic SQL queries (emphasis on SELECTs using JOINs, not so much INSERTs/UPDATEs)
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Self motivated and resourceful with the ability to work autonomously
- Close attention to detail, process driven, and results-focused
- Proactive and able to take ownership of tasks and projects
- Strong desire to learn new things
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Postgres and/or Snowflake/Redshift cloud database querying
- Experience with Tableau or other popular data exploration, visualization and dashboarding software
- Experience data modeling
- Experience doing basic statistical analyses (AB testing, confidence intervals, etc)
- Experience with mobile and/or online games industry a big plus
- Regression experience a plus
- Machine learning and other prediction/classification methods a plus
- Object oriented programming, specifically Python a plus
Key Duties Will Include
- Develop a strong understanding of our games, game design principles, core metrics and underlying assumptions, so they can be effectively questioned, tested, and proven/disproven.
- Break down requests for data/analysis into smaller, actionable plans to guarantee the end user will get their real questions answered.
- Improve existing Tableau dashboards and create new ones with a keen eye toward end user experience (ease of understanding, clarity, dashboard responsiveness, consistency, etc)
- Writing SQL for data exploration, quick question-answer, and for more in-depth analysis via Tableau Data Sources, statistical software, etc.
- Do more thorough analyses when needed, including coming up with your own hypotheses, testing, revising, and ultimately providing data-driven, evidenced recommendations.
- Effectively provide key summaries of actionable takeaways while also providing deeper evidence and analysis for end users wanting deeper insight.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer 6+ weeks of paid vacation and health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a well-matched 401k. We have a catered lunch program, a snack-stocked kitchen, and a refrigerator full of liquid refreshments. You'll get membership to our local hackerspace Sector67 and enjoy our regular socials. You'll be part of an energetic and collaborative environment, and work with a great team. We have flexible hours and are located in a vibrant neighborhood in beautiful downtown Madison.
PerBlue is an independent game development studio based in Madison, WI with a highly skilled team of amazingly talented people. We’ve been named a “Top Developer” by Google, a “Best Place to Work” by Madison Magazine, and “Madison's Favorite Tech Startup” by the Isthmus.
This is a full time position based in Madison, WI. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.