We're currently looking for a Senior Concept Artist who can set a high bar of quality, consistency and creative vision with gorgeous concept art for Proletariat’s game projects. The ideal candidate is a talented digital illustrator who creates brilliant, iconic work in a variety of styles, can describe a visual idea with a few sketchy strokes (if necessary), can render concepts in exquisite production detail, is a skilled communicator and loves taking ownership on projects. Applicants should submit a resume and current portfolio of work. Qualified applicants may be expected to complete a small art test.
We are looking for this concept artist to be a generalist who can work comfortably in multiple areas: Environment, VFX, Character and Cosmetics/Props.
- Collaborate with our Art Director, Game Designers, and Product Managers to shape ideas, visual style, and production-ready concept art
- Create concept and key art that meets or exceeds the goals for design, technical requirements, and visual direction
- Absolutely reliable for the timely creation of 100% technically solid art
- Produce high-quality pre-production concept work given minimal direction by team leads. May be considered for storyboard creation tasks if applicable.
- Work with Project Management to maintain clear and consistent goals
- Incorporate internal and user feedback to iterate on project visual direction
- Ability to successfully manage and provide feedback to 3D production artists working with project concept art.
- Motivates peers toward excellence.
- Work in an organized manner.
- May be considered to lead art workshops.
- 7+ years of experience creating and delivering high quality concept art and illustration work for games.
- Experience creating high quality concept art for a variety of game asset disciplines (characters, environments, hard surface v.organic, VFX etc.)
- Understanding of traditional art principles including composition, design, shape language, and color theory.
- In-depth knowledge of basic and advanced technology, terminology, and techniques of game art development, including an awareness of design and programming considerations.
- Can be relied upon to quickly learn new processes and software as dictated by project needs.
- Displays solid general skills in digital artmaking tools and software and has developed at least one area of focus or specialization.
- Experience working in an iterative, agile environment.
- Excited to improve visual skills, learn new techniques and applicable technology.
- Self-directed, enthusiastic, positive, embraces critiques
- Has working knowledge of the games industry and keeps up with innovative games and games that set high visual bars.
- Understands the audience and appreciates games.
- Non-game concept art experience
- Experience creating work in 3D pipelines
- Experience creating 2D work for game marketing
- Ability to see the ‘‘big picture’’ of the project.
- May effectively function in ‘‘firefighter’’ mode as needed by any project in the company