Want an opportunity to see your creativity and expertise flourish? Look no further. At Tactic, we're focused on developing high quality, compelling video games that require thought, challenge players, and evoke emotion.
We are looking for a talented character artist to join our team and create high quality 3D characters for an unannounced project. It is a multiplayer, third-person game with a contemporary setting.
A successful candidate will be a skilled and motivated character artist capable of producing stunning and lifelike 3D characters for a multiplayer game.
NOTE: For the foreseeable future, all positions at Tactic Studios will be performed remotely, working from home. We are flexible to accommodate the unique needs you may have to ensure a productive, healthy work environment under the present circumstances. Candidates local to Ontario, Canada are preferred, but this is not a requirement.
- Create realistic high and low polygon 3D characters including facial features and accurately proportioned bodies.
- Create UVMaps, textures, and materials for characters following a PBR pipeline.
- Create clothing variations and accessories for characters.
- Build morph targets / blend shapes to support facial expressions.
- Build body and facial variations to support a procedural character creation system.
- Modify and optimize characters based on artistic feedback, animation needs, or technical limitations.
- Expertise sculpting in Zbrush.
- Expertise modeling high and low polygon 3D models using 3DS Max or Maya.
- Expertise creating textures using a physically based materials system such as Substance painter and designer.
- Ability to create realistic hair models and textures that are optimized for video games.
- Experience modeling clothing using tools such as Marvelous Designer.
- Experience with a modern 3D game engine such as Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Understand topology requirements for technical animators.
- Understand technical performance and memory considerations and are committed to creating efficient meshes and textures.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional creativity and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about developing high quality video games.
- Experience creating a procedural character creation system.
- Ability to create functional 2D illustrations and concepts for characters.
- Experience with 3D animation and rigging.
How to Apply
You will need to provide:
- Portfolio demonstrating high-poly and low-poly characters and textures that you have created. (required)
- Resume detailing your experience. (required)
- Cover letter. (preferred)
- References. (preferred)
Send the aforementioned items either by link or as an attachment to email@example.com, subject "Senior Character Artist".