At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Portal, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, EverQuest and H1Z1
Amazon Game Studios is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Character Artist. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering world class characters in video games. In this role, you will collaborate with the Art Director and a team of artists to help create inspired and expertly executed character models.
You will be able to work independently and also be comfortable with giving direction and artistic critique. You’ll be working within a multidisciplinary team of designers, artists, and developers and will have the ability to both share your hard earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
- Maintain a high level of quality while working with design and deadline constraints
- Create a range of high quality characters based on concept art.
- Sculpt high-resolution character models in Zbrush.
- Create clean, low-resolution game topology, uv’s, and textures.
- Work with the art director and character team to set the visual style and quality bar.
- Must work well in a team environment with the ability to receive and give feedback with gracious consideration.
- Engage in technical and aesthetic problem solving efforts.
- Mentor other 3D artists, helping them to raise the quality bar.
- Create and improve pipelines and workflow, organize 3D assets and organize the character team’s schedule.
- Complete work under reasonable deadlines.
- 5+ years of experience making character models for games
- 1+ AAA title shipped
- Proven experience in a professional game production pipeline
- Proven ability to create high-poly and low-poly models and textures
- Must have an understanding of real-time shader development
- Thorough understanding of 3D character art pipelines
- Must have a strong understanding of human and animal anatomy and the ability to take that knowledge and create believable creature anatomy.
- Knowledge of 3D Max or Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, and other 2D/3D applications
- Must have the ability to take constructive criticism and maintain a professional attitude
- Independently self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills.
- An online portfolio with samples of your work
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting)
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation