Iron Galaxy Studios is looking for a talented, passionate, and motivated Senior Artist to join our team as a key collaborator in executing the artistic vision of our projects. We are a well-established independent game developer who has partnered with the titans of our industry to ship more high-caliber games than any other independent developer. We’re known for our excellent work on Killer Instinct, as well as bringing Skyrim and Diablo III to the Nintendo Switch. We also pride ourselves on being a studio that does amazing work while maintaining a positive culture and supporting work-life balance for our employees.
Working closely with talented designers, artists and programmers at Iron Galaxy, the Senior Artist ensures that the creative content of our projects is delivered to the highest standards. In most cases, you collaborate closely with colleagues from other disciplines to ensure on-time and high-quality achievement of our milestone goals. You might work on only one project at a time or up to three smaller projects at once.
As we continue to work on our own unannounced IP and port projects for AAA studios, our entire Art Department is passionate about games and understands the crucial intersection between art and game development. We continually push the creative and artistic skills of our colleagues, with the goal of sustaining our world-class standards while we grow. By joining our team, you can explore the limits of your imagination while gaining experience on a wide range of game development projects.
This opportunity is for a full-time position, either in Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL.
- Create and execute on visually compelling art assets that capture the imagination and deliver on our partners’ creative vision for their projects
- Review assets and provide clear, concise feedback to elevate visual quality
- Hands-on contribution to artwork that defines and enhances the moods of our games
- Provide direction through documentation, concept art, or mood boards
- Communicate and collaborate with other development disciplines to help us develop cohesive game worlds for our players
- Work with Production to schedule and track tasks that help our art team execute on our goals as efficiently as possible
What else are we looking for? Here’s our wish list for the ideal Lead Artist at Iron Galaxy. If you possess many or most of these qualities, you may very well be the one we’re looking for.
- Extensive experience working in interactive media and/or game development, some AAA game experience preferred
- Experience leading a creative team in crafting a distinct, cohesive visual style
- Deep expertise and experience in at least one art field (e.g., character, environment, concept)
- Significant experience working with one or more industry-standard engines, such as UE4 or Unity
- Superb ability in one or more industry-standard software applications, such as Maya, ZBrush, Substance
- Values-driven and inclusive, committed to doing the right thing and being respectful to everyone on our team
- Fearless about trying out new tools with a commitment to keeping up with the latest industry standards, best practices and approaches to creative projects
- Commitment to mentorship and exchanging knowledge, advice, and best practices with your colleagues