Hardsuit Labs is looking for Senior Animator. If you are a skilled animator with a deep knowledge of animation principles and body mechanics, we want to hear from you. Must have experience animating both stylized and realistic creatures and characters. The right person should have experience with key frame and motion capture animation. We are looking for someone who excels at problem solving, communication, and has a passion for animation. This is a full-time staff position, located in Seattle, Washington.
- Work with the Art Director to establish guidelines and requirements for animation across the game, and to help solidify the game’s visual identity.
- Work directly with the other Animators, Tech Animators, and Designers to identify and execute on the animation needs of the game.
- Assist designers and engineers with game-play prototypes.
- Create character motions through a blend of key-frame animation and motion capture.
- Facilitate and inform tool development.
- Help build and maintain documentation and asset management pipelines.
- 6+ years game animation experience or related entertainment industry experience.
- Shipped title on PC or console as a senior animator.
- Strong working knowledge of the game art production pipeline.
- Understanding and knowledge of character rigs, animation integration into game engines, and animation tools.
- Experience creating realistic animation for human and non-human characters with an emphasis on acting performance.
- Must be proficient in one or more types of 3D software but Primarily Maya.
- Strong interest in Video Games, storytelling, and film.
- Mesh Skinning Vertex weighting experience a plus.
- Experience with motion capture data and the mocap pipeline.
- UE4 experience.
- Facial Rigging and Animation Pipeline.
Required Application Materials
- Demo Reel
- Must be willing to complete animation art test.