We're currently looking for a Senior 3D Character Artist who can set a high bar for quality, consistency and visual appeal for characters in all of Proletariat’s game projects. The ideal candidate is a talented 3D Character Artist who creates brilliant, aesthetically pleasing work for the needs of gameplay, real-time performance metrics, artistic vision, and most of all - player appeal. This person has experience creating beautiful characters and other hero assets in 3D pipelines, can create work in a variety of styles, understands performance budgets for real time 3D, is a skilled communicator and loves taking ownership of projects. Applicants should submit a resume and current portfolio of work. Qualified applicants may be expected to complete an art test.
- Collaborates with Art management, Concept Artists, Game Designers, Software Engineers and Product Managers to design and iterate on in-game characters and assets
- Absolutely reliable for the timely creation of 100% technically solid art .
- Works with tools in UE4 (or equivalent) and other 3D authoring software to create game assets from rough draft through production quality
- Works with performance in mind to ensure that assets meet performance budgets.
- Works with Project Management to maintain clear and consistent goals
- Works in an organized manner. Can follow data structure and provide feedback.
- Motivates peers toward excellence.
- Generates and meets time estimates
- Provide and manage feedback on assets from external vendors.
- 5+ years of experience creating and delivering high quality 3d art in an iterative, agile environment.
- Understanding of traditional art principles including composition, design, shape language, and color theory
- Solid understanding of facial topology and edge flow using traditional modeling techniques
- Proficiency in sculpting and texture creation process from high resolution to game ready assets.
- Experience creating character assets in a pipeline that includes; Zbrush, Maya, Photoshop, Substance Painter and UE4 (or equivalent)
- Displays solid general skills in Maya and has developed at least one area of focus or specialization.
- Can be relied upon to quickly learn new processes and software as dictated by project needs.
- Has working knowledge of the games industry and keeps up with innovative games and games that set high visual bars.
- Excited to improve visual skills, learn new techniques and applicable technology.
- Self-directed, receptive to critique and feedback
- Is considered a problem solver
- Skinning/Rigging experience a plus
- Substance Designer and Marvelous Designer experience a plus
- Illustration/Concept Design experience a plus