Senior 2D Artist
Do you ever scroll Instagram/Pinterest for hours looking at beautiful homes and spaces? Love design in all its forms? Are you a veteran 2D game artist? Then this might be the role for you! Storm8 is looking for a talented senior 2D artist to join us creating beautiful spaces in our massively popular interior design games! We are looking for an experienced, and driven concept or production artist with a passion for producing creative, high-fidelity visuals alongside a small team of fun and collaborative game developers.
The ideal candidate will have a deep interest in design and popular culture and have at least 5 years experience working within an established game studio. Portfolio should include concepts as well as production work, and final in-game assets.
- Design a wide variety of environments depicting a large spectrum of interior design styles
- Develop concept sheets that are clear and detailed for 3D artists to work from
- Aid the art director in unifying style and assets from mid to junior level artists
- Immerse yourself in the interior design space, including trends and popular media
- Utilize your concept art skill set to create vibrant and immersive settings and compositions.
- Mentor artists in production techniques and methodologies to improve quality and efficiency
- Partner with the Art Director in maintaining a high-fidelity project through feedback and mentorship
- BA degree in fine arts or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of game development experience
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Experience developing a wide range of assets from characters, to props, to UI
- Fast learner with attention to detail
- Mastery of core artistic principles including light/color, composition, structure and perspective
- Complete fluency in communicating visual concepts and providing direction and feedback
- Experience with Maya (or equivalent) and Adobe Creative Suite is required
- Unity knowledge is a plus