TurboSquid is now part of the Shutterstock family! TurboSquid is looking for a Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer. The ideal candidate will have experience in front-end technologies like React and Redux, and a firm understanding of back-end architecture with PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, and JSON:API or GraphQL.
You will be joining a team of senior engineers who can provide mentorship and peer reviews while you gain an understanding of our codebase and business.
TurboSquid is the leading provider of 3D models designed for films, games, commercials, architecture, and more. You will be working on exciting and complex problems for the industry-leading 3D content website with millions of customers. Your work will be immediately impactful to our large professional and enterprise customer base.
We offer a motivating salary, the ability to work from home, flexible working hours, great benefits and more.
Some projects you may be working on:
- Integrate our artist workflow management system into our Enterprise digital asset management system to support custom 3D content creation by leveraging existing APIs and building new ones to support updated functionality
- Improve our Machine Learning categorization system to more accurately classify newly uploaded content and streamline publishing for our Artists
- Build a new payment and accounting infrastructure to support real-time reconciliation of tens of thousands of artist payments
- Develop internal tools to streamline curation of 3D content catalogs for marketing and syndication
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with JS/HTML/SCSS
- Source Control: Git (Github)
- Progress Management: Asana, JIRA
- Self-motivated and proactive; ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team, and take creative feedback constructively
- JSON:API and GraphQL
- ES6 / Babel
- Additional experience with MySQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB
- Automated testing and unit testing
Before applying, please review our website, create a member account, peruse the site, and learn about our basic business model. If you meet the outlined requirements and are interested in the position, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter (as the body of the email) that discusses your most important skills that match this job description; make sure to include your TurboSquid member account name in the cover letter
- Resume (as an attachment to email)
- Put “Ruby on Rails Developer” in the subject line of your email (otherwise your application may get lost)