Charm Games is an independent team of veteran game developers based in Vancouver, BC, Canada. We create beautiful and surreal experiences only possible in virtual reality. Our award-winning titles are available to all ages and audiences on most VR platforms and devices. VR is still growing and there are no training wheels, so join us if you’re excited to take on the challenge of innovating in a new space!
About the Position
As Release Manager, you will be responsible for guiding a completed game to launch on a new platform, by meeting release requirements of the platform partner. You will work with this project’s internal Technical Director and will coordinate with external points of contact to determine release requirements, gather necessary assets, and submit them to the right place at the right time. You’ll love this role if you’re detail-oriented, comfortable working through ambiguity, and you want to use your exceptional organization and communication skills to support groundbreaking creative technology projects.
This is a fixed-term, part-time contract position reporting to the Studio Director, starting on August 4, 2020, and ending on November 6, 2020. Compensation is $25/hr, with 125 hours of work during the contract term. This role is remote, and the successful candidate will have their own telephone, computer, and internet access, which will be eligible for reimbursement. This role is not eligible for extended health or dental benefits.
What you’ll be doing:
• Learn, track, and internally report on frequently-changing partner submission requirements
• Submit marketing copy-writing and visual assets to digital stores
• Resolve submission blockers by working with platform partner representatives
• Gather and submit required documents for age-rating agencies
• Translate partner-specific jargon and acronyms into actionable tasks
• Assist in the tracking of tasks and deadlines involved in the release
What you’ll bring:
• Ability to coordinate with large numbers of external partners across multiple time zones
• Excellent written and spoken communication in English
• Proficiency using various office software suites, with a focus on Microsoft Office
• Ability to maintain calm poise under stress
• Bachelor’s degree in a field requiring excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of the virtual reality development industry
• An enthusiasm and passion for games with a general understanding of the game development and release process.