Proletariat, a Blizzard Entertainment studio, is seeking a Quest Designer to join our team for our work on World of Warcraft (WoW). In this position you will work on the creative design and technical implementation of quest gameplay and narrative content. You will utilize a broad knowledge of World of Warcraft to create engaging quest content to bring Azeroth to life. This position will work collaboratively and cross-functionally across teams to create a cohesive voice across expansions.
- Concept, pitch, and create quests for the world of Azeroth to increase player engagement and enjoyment across specific game locations.
- Coordinate with the Narrative team to ensure a coherent and consistent tone across the game's content for an optimal player experience.
- Give and receive critical feedback to and from the rest of the team about the game as a whole to ensure the best content possible is implemented and released to players.
- Some game design experience, preferably on MMO / RPG centric content.
- Strong writing and character development skills are preferred.
- Experience leveraging industry standard tools such as excel, game engines, or other proprietary tools
- Excellent written communications skills that can be leveraged for comprehensive documentation
- Experience playing World of Warcraft, and a working understanding of its history and characters preferred but not required.
- Cover Letter
- Link to your portfolio
What We Offer:
- Healthcare, dental, and vision, most of which are 100% sponsored by Proletariat to cover you and your family.
- Flexible PTO Policy with a focus on minimum time away, rather than maximum.
- 401K plan with generous matching contributions.
- Wellness reimbursements and discounts
- Flexible working hours.
- Our office is currently still remote, but we look forward to moving to an optional hybrid model in the future. If you’re based outside of the Boston-area and you’re not looking to relocate, we understand! Just let us know your situation during your phone screen conversation, and we’ll see if we can accommodate making a remote hire!
Proletariat Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.