An advocate for the player, the QA Tester will help plan and execute test plans to ensure our games look amazing, feel even better, and leave our player community restless to return to our world.
Why this Role is Made for You:
You March to a Different Beat
You’re an ambassador for innovative and improved quality processes. You aren’t looking for another monotonous testing job, you’re looking for a role where you can contribute new ideas and work alongside a world-class team. (you found us, we’re so excited to meet you!)
You’re in the Driver’s Seat
Driving quality in our games gives you a holistic view of the game development process. We support your career growth to ensure your keen eye for quality supports your other career goals as you continue to learn and immerse yourself in the art and science of making great games. Quality is not a foot in the door, it’s the power behind the throne and a chance to truly ensure our players are priority.
Our Culture - Happy Life, Happy Hippo.
We care about making great games because we love games and are rewarded for our hard work in spades. Our benefits and working vibe encourage and allow you to live your dreams in Kelowna: an affordable, picturesque, and diverse city, only an hour flight from Vancouver, BC Canada.
Our next QA Tester will have (a):
- Planned and Executed Testing Activities – you’ve identified, reported, and followed up on bugs and anomalies, including testing content, logging/prioritizing bugs, performing bug triage, working with developers to fix bugs, and regression passes.
- Partnered with internal development teams to rigorously assess the quality of the player experience and provide recommendations for improvement.
Worked on projects from concept through release phases, as well as continued updates and live operations.
Experience working on multiple projects at once, and effective at assessing prioritization.
Advocated for a culture of shared quality ownership throughout the studio/project teams.
- Provided regular reporting to Producers and Operations Manager for respective products.
- Worked with Player Experience Team to ensure bug-related community feedback is investigated and addressed.
You’ll Bring to Hyper Hippo:
- 2+ years experience as a QA role, preferably in digital/mobile gaming
- Ability to be self driven and and take ownership of the quality of a product
- Knowledge of database tools, including JIRA, and knowledge of product development life-cycles
- Experience with continuous delivery pipelines and embedded testing
- Efficient and informative project status and risk assessment reporting skills to stakeholders
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Familiar with mobile and PC testing, and their submission/standards processes
- Attention to detail bordering on the obsessive
- An eye for game design, risk assessment and user experience is an asset
- Knowledge and ability to use Version Control Systems (Git, SVN, etc), Build Pipelines (Jenkins) and Unity a bonus
- Experience with automated testing tools, unit tests and integration tests a bonus
Every Hippo is an entrepreneur. Here at Hyper Hippo you - yes, YOU - are the master of your destiny and the creative expert of your domain. Say goodbye to the days of meeting after meeting and embrace the chance to own and be accountable for your success. We enable our team to create beautiful and fun experiences that our global community love to play. We answer to our players, not shareholders and the entire studio is invested in the success of our games.
"Wait, what?! This isn’t how game studios operate!”
Well, we’re putting the creative power back in the hands of our team to help us explore, fail fast, and create amazing games. We are disruptive in our approach to management and assume that if we’ve hired you, YOU are the best person to lead and direct us within your area of expertise.
Quality Assurance has evolved from the early days of detecting the bug and fixing the bug to ‘how do we prevent this bug in the first place?!’ We’re exploring new tools, technology, and processes to automate and focus on the meaty challenges while ensuring testing coverage is thorough and comprehensive. You will be a key member exploring these new ideas and helping us make the best quality decisions for our team and players.
When every person in the studio is accountable for their realm of expertise, something magical happens. We make great games. This is because we innovate (and fail) fast and support one another to be the best version of ourselves.
Welcome to Hyper Hippo.
- Competitive salary
- Extraordinary profit sharing program
- Health Benefits
- 3 weeks vacation
- 10 personal days per year
- Annual self development budget to attend conferences, courses, training – you name it