PerBlue is looking for a talented QA Analyst / QA Tester to join our team. We’re a quickly growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games have been played by millions people around the world, including our award-winning Disney Heroes: Battle Mode game. We’re looking for a passionate mobile gamer with a strong product focus to join our Quality Assurance team.
In this product-centric role, you’ll play a key role in the testing and quality control of our mobile games. Your team will develop and execute comprehensive Test Plans and Release Checklists, and be responsible for holding each build to the highest level of quality.
This highly cross-functional and cross-product role interacts regularly with Product Managers, Developers, and Game Designers. You’ll be deeply involved throughout the production process of our games - from the specifications, to development, to testing, to release.
Our ideal candidate should have a meticulous attention to detail and constantly strive for perfection. You should have a tenacious eye for product quality, and hold others to the same quality bar. You should crave organization, process, and checklists. You should thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be effective at juggling concurrent products, versions, and releases.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Technical degree (in tech or games field a plus)
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related experience in QA and/or product role
- Extensive mid-core mobile gaming experience
- Experience testing video games
- Experience writing and executing test plans
- Experience logging and reproducing bugs
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal)
- Passion for strategy and RPG games
- Bugs and imperfections should bother you
- You should mention “cattywampus” somewhere in your Cover Letter / Introduction
- Intuitive feel for game/unit/weapon balance a plus
- Game design experience a plus
- Product management experience a plus
Details & Perks
We offer 6+ weeks of paid vacation and health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a well-matched 401k. We have a catered lunch program, a snack-stocked kitchen, and a refrigerator full of liquid refreshments. You'll get membership to our local hackerspace Sector67 and enjoy our regular socials. You'll be part of an energetic and collaborative environment, and work with a great team. We have flexible hours and are located in a vibrant neighborhood in beautiful downtown Madison.
PerBlue is an independent game development studio based in Madison, WI with a highly skilled team of amazingly talented people. We’ve been named in several "Best Places To Work" by a variety of industry rankings.
This is a full time position based in Madison, WI. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.