Zapdot is currently accepting applications for a mid-to-senior-level Producer role.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Managing simultaneous projects. We’re only a team of 10 people, but it’s not uncommon for the team to be working on a few different projects.
- Building out schedules around (sometimes) complex pipelines. Establish project milestones, and shepherd them to completion without crunch.
- Communicating expectations with stakeholders for process, and deliverables.
- Learning the desired design and intent of the experiences we are building.
- Adapting to our current processes and structure for a bit, and improving it over time; where necessary.
- Running standups, meetings, and postmortems. Taking minutes during meetings while identifying follow-ups, new work, change requests, and real or potential blockers.
Ideal candidates for this position should demonstrate:
- Significant experience (5+ years) with the software development cycle, with at least 3+ years working on a project that was built with a game engine.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal. Puns optional — but encouraged.
- Being one with JIRA/Confluence/Spreadsheets, and possessing the ability to bend it to your will.
- A breadth of knowledge around the lingo, skill sets, and processes to turn a game from an idea to a digital experience.
- An unyielding desire to learn. We take on projects that require the team to learn and grow over the course of a project, while meeting high standards of quality for our clients and players.
Bonus points if you:
- Have shipped projects with Unity.
- Have worked on projects that needed to navigate licensed IP.
- Can navigate yourself around a GitHub repository.
- Worked on a live game, or on a live-ops team.
- Worked on multiplatform projects, or have shipped across a wide variety of platforms.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Paid Time Off (team averages 4-5wks/year)
- 401k (with matching)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Stipends to cover game purchases and professional development
- Membership to the IGDA
- Type: This is a full-time position.
- Salary: $65,000 - $70,000/year, negotiable based on experience.
- Location: The entire team is currently remote during the pandemic but we intend to return back to an office in the Boston-area when the safety of our team can be assured. Full-time remote is a possibility.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your resume and/or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants should demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as a strong attention to detail.
Zapdot recognizes that a diverse team provides a strong foundation to building experiences for a worldwide audience. Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ people are encouraged to apply.
Working at Zapdot
Zapdot is always on the lookout to add diverse, passionate humans to the team. We cultivate an environment that supports career growth with challenges and responsibilities to match everyone’s interests. Deadlines are scheduled in a way that prioritizes the team’s physical and mental wellbeing. There are some great perks too -- including a generous time-off policy and an annual hardware/software stipend.
We want our work to leave a mark on a worldwide audience, and we realize that requires a variety of perspectives. We’d love to include yours -- reach out and say hello!
Zapdot develops interactive experiences for serious, entertainment, commercial, and experimental projects. Our team is filled with ambitious folks who have shipped titles for console, mobile, web, and desktop platforms since 2009. Our clients include Dejobaan Games, Owlchemy Labs, BBC America, The Tap Lab, Intrepid, and many more.
We are a contributing member in the local and global community. Zapdot sponsors local meetups and developer events, and provides advice and mentorship to students and aspiring developers. We also contribute to open-source projects and share our tools to help others develop effectively and efficiently.