Proletariat is looking for a Principal Level Designer to work on exciting upcoming projects. This position will have an integral role in collaborating cross-functionally with all other disciplines within the company to create, innovate, and deliver unique and creative multiplayer experiences. You will potentially be asked to complete a design test.
- Along with the Content Director, ensure consistent and high-quality content across the entire game.
- Work with the Design Directors to plan and deliver design documentation in line with the broader vision and goals of the game.
- Translate game concepts into specific playable levels, including layout, modeling, gameplay, event scripting, balance and tuning of levels.
- Ensure that prototypes of assigned games are developed to meet specifications.
- Define or work with assigned design teams to define the creative vision, technical specifications, fun factor and product content for assigned games.
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with internal and external creative resources.
- Communicate ideas cross-functionally to solicit feedback and ensure support during game
- Work closely with members of the production team to execute design objectives and to work through design revisions as needed.
- Ensure iterative gameplay testing is conducted and the appropriate changes are made to achieve specified product goals.
- Provide guidance and mentorship as an experienced and thoughtful game design expert committed to the growth and development of others.
- 7+ years of experience of professional work experience required
- 8+ years of professional games industry experience preferred
- Previously shipped titles, particularly FPSs, ARPGs, MMOs, open-world, etc
- Strong familiarity with best practices in game design, environmental storytelling, content delivery, and live games
- Experience with documentation and production pipelines on medium to large teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong empathy for your coworkers and players.