Hyper Hippo is not your ‘average’ company… together we create a cohesive and creative team that does everything from building and publishing video games, to player support and acquisition - all while raising the bar across the industry. Here, nothing matters more than our people. We strive to build and maintain an organization with a strong sense of belonging and purpose by creating products and experiences that engage and connect our players around the globe.
As People and Talent Manager, you are responsible for driving innovation through the leadership and execution of all our People practices. You are a change agent and builder of HR programs, processes and systems that support our people all while handling the day to day deliverables.
- Design, manage, and execute HR programs that drive performance and development of our team and leadership.
- Create a world-class employee experience for team members.
- Inspire and excite people from around the globe to join our journey by leading our recruitment partners to develop and deliver innovative talent strategies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with leadership to establish and support a strong, positive culture and inclusive environment
- Work collaboratively with leadership to lead talent acquisition, workforce planning, job evaluations, candidate experience, onboarding and more
- Lead, help shape and implement new HR programs such as recognition & engagement, employee & leadership development, diversity & inclusion and performance measurement
- Stay current and on top of industry best practices to create and implement policies and guidelines to ensure compliance with employment laws and company guidelines
- Recognize strengths in others with the ability to coach team members in their professional growth
- Lead, research, analyze and recommend compensation and benefit plans
Why you are perfect for this role:
- You have five (5) + years of progressive HR experience, ideally within a technology or startup environment, and excitement to roll up your sleeves and contribute to all parts of the HR function
- You have earned a relevant post-secondary education in Human Resources (CPHR designation preferred).
- You are proficient in Google Suite and HRIS systems; BambooHR experience a plus
- Your capacity to manage the day to day and multiple projects ensures deadlines are met and expectations are exceeded
- Your amazing interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills enable strong relationships and collaboration across all levels of the organization
- You possess good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You're a creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- You thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment
At Hyper Hippo Entertainment, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodation to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require any accommodation during the application or interview process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please contact us.
Please apply online at: https://hyperhippo.ca/careers/ with cover letter and resume no later than: December 20, 2019
We thank all interested, only short listed candidates will be contacted.