Schell Games is a highly talented group of artists, programmers, producers, and designers led by game industry veteran Jesse Schell. We're the largest full-service education and entertainment game development company in the United States. Since 2002, we've worked with world-class clients and partners to create interactive experiences that engage and inspire players of all ages across all platforms. Presently, we are focused on virtual reality, augmented reality, location-based experiences, and educational games.
Do you like to work on innovative projects in a motivating, friendly atmosphere? Would you agree that games can engage and inspire?
If you answered "YES!" to both questions, you might be a fit for our company!
Schell Games is looking for a skilled Marketing Specialist to join an energetic, fast-paced marketing department. The marketing specialist will support the department’s initiatives as it promotes its services and games to B-to-B and B-to-C audiences.
The candidate will be friendly, curious, and adaptive, and enjoy working in a team-driven environment. This person will have the ability to execute goal-driven marketing campaigns, and understand the complexities of trade shows, events, influencer marketing, and digital advertising.
This position will report to the Marketing Manager.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Conceive, develop, and implement marketing campaigns that align with the overall strategic marketing efforts of the department
- Develop and execute social and digital advertising campaigns across Facebook, Google Ads, Reddit, TikTok, and other emerging social media networks, using best practices associated with each channel
- Develop strong written content that aligns directly with the target channel and audience (e.g. marketing materials, digital ads, event materials)
- Assist in selecting, coordinating, implementing, and managing physical and virtual trade shows and events, for both B-to-B and B-to-C initiatives
- Manage and implement influencer marketing campaigns across multiple social networks
- Interact professionally with content creators and representatives daily, providing game keys and other information relevant to showcasing games
- Coordinate with Marketing and Development Teams to ensure brand consistency
- Use various measurement tools to report on advertising campaigns, event effectiveness
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Two to three years of experience in digital advertising, social media marketing, or similar marketing activities
- Solid understanding of popular social networks, including Facebook, Reddit, TikTok, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Ability to interact as part of a team and to contribute to increasing productivity goals and efficiencies
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite or other online graphic design tools
- Experience compiling data analytics in Google Data Studio is valuable
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Experience using Google Ads is essential
- Understanding of event management and analysis
- General knowledge of the basics of influencer marketing
- Strong communication, copywriting, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Willingness to learn and launch advertising activities on new and emerging social and digital advertising platforms
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS), customer relationship management software (CRMs), and similar platforms
- Ability to travel nationally 10% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Media, Creative Writing, or a related field, or the equivalent experience
Our studio is committed to providing an equitable and inclusive work environment that ensures that all applicants and team members are treated with dignity and respect. We will not tolerate any type of discrimination or harassment directed at any applicant or employee because of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran, family or parental status or any other protected group characteristic. This equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Prohibiting discrimination and harassment is only one part of the equation. “Diversity makes us strong” is more than just something we say. We value diversity in all forms because it is essential to our success, and we want every member of our team to feel their best creative self. Our development environment and social culture are based on welcoming, respecting, and celebrating differences among our team members and our players. We rely on each person to add their own unique skills and perspective to our culture. Every member of our team is responsible for making the studio as inclusive and equitable as possible.