We’re looking for a Live Operations Manager, an individual who excels at organization, has superb communication abilities, and is comfortable managing the resolution of issues in a complex online ecosystem that is available to players 24/7 and across multiple countries.
The ideal candidate is passionate about working in games and technology, and has a history of working with large scale systems, live operations teams, and software developers in a range of technical environments.
As Live Operations Manager at YAGER you will:
- Build an end to end 24/7 Live Operations capability for The Cycle and create a strong team culture and pride in our player and community commitments
- Be accountable for monitoring and managing the health of the 24/7 live game service
- Build and maintain live operations policies and procedures to ensure minimal downtime and a consistent player experience, considering dependencies across multiple teams to ensure successful releases, monitoring, and tracking of ecosystem wide issues
- Establish plan of record for management of any changes resulting from planned upgrade, maintenance, hotfix or reset, ensuring all parties are aware and tracking
- Work with in-house and platform partners to develop the workflow and toolset to support improvements to release activities in reliability, time-to-customer and general business continuity
- Provide transparency for ongoing feature development, outages and bug fixes, sharing schedules, and risks and dependencies to stakeholders in order to ensure there is clear insight into the activities of operation team and what we are addressing in the live environment
- Run direct day to day operations for the live operations team. Be able to quickly develop deep knowledge about tools, teams, and technologies. Provide leadership and guidance through solid planning and execution of work. Understand how to manage people to help them do their best work, and embrace and embody YAGER Values
- Create a clear team structure and workflow process that enables your team to work effectively to support the project in a 24/7 always on environment that spans multiple locations, provide leadership and guidance through solid planning and execution of work
- Manage and grow relevant external partner relationships
- 3+ years of experience working in a production role where you've managed cross-functional teams in the creation, delivery, and ongoing support of complex online services and online titles.
- 3+ years of production experience
- Understanding of live operations in cloud services and online game infrastructures
- Ability to create, track, and resolve complex live issues and postmortem processes
- Strong preference to applicants with technical experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexible, curious and with a can-do mindset along with empathy for the player
- Strength in communicating clearly with a range of different personality types and disciplines
- Passionate about videogames
- Full-time and on-site
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible
We support you all the way
Relocation bonus and ongoing support and assistance
Occupational pension scheme
We care about your well-being
Flexible working hours
Fresh fruit and vegetables every day
Hot and cold beverages of your choice
We encourage continuous learning
Extensive games/books library
Dedicated Talent Development Manager
Participation at various game conferences
We know how to have fun
A variety of exciting Team Events
Summer and Christmas Party
Beer and soft drinks for Friday meetings
Join our Team!
If this sounds like you, and you love to work in a creative environment with people passionate about their work, please send us your application using our online form.