What we are looking for : Two Level Designers (Senior and Intermediate)
- An intermediate level designer who has between 3 to 5 years experience creating video games maps that embodies the creative, art, realization, design visions of the game.
- A senior level designer who has many years of experience (let’s say around 7 years) creating video games maps that embodies the creative, art, realization, design visions of the game.
- An interactive storyteller who can craft in a game engine (our tool of choice is Unreal) compelling experiences that give the time, space, tools and agency to the players for them to create their own amazing stories in the worlds we craft.
- An accomplished prototyper who can effectively use a variety of digital or physical tools to explore design or realization concepts or quickly validate an idea or a design.
- A seasoned game developer who went through the full cycle of game development for either a AAA game, a narrative game or a game with innovative themes or mechanics.
- An adaptable character who enjoys navigating the dynamic world of a startup; that is willing to take on new risks, welcome new challenges and can juggle the strategic with the minutia.
- An aspiring individual who constantly looks forward to better themselves and encourages the same from the people around them.
- A caring person who cherishes a positive and nurturing environment and that believes that the best of things comes from helping each other and working together.
- A playful mind who likes new ideas and who believes that good ideas grow out of a heap of bad ones.
If you are confident in some of those points (the first one is kind of a must) and are aspiring to the others, please come and talk to us!
We are currently building a game called Season.
Close your eyes, take a deep breath and let yourself be carried away by the journey of Season, a third-person atmospheric adventure bicycle road trip game. The premise of Season is that you play a traveller recording the last moments of different cultures before they’re washed away. Through the eyes of a young woman leaving a secluded community, you explore the wider world for the first time.
- Full time permanent position;
- Competitive salary;
- Benefits and vacation;
- Teleworking and / or hybrid formula;
- Great work-life balance, we limit crunch as much as possible;
- A creative team open to new ideas.
Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.
Scavengers Studio is an equal opportunity employer. We offer the same accessibility to employment without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and age.