Under the supervision of the Artistic Director, the Level Artist will be responsible for placing environment elements within the game to compose a scene aesthetically. With many years of experience, a strong knowledge of art fundamentals, and an outstanding sense of aesthetic in creating strong narrative video game worlds, the Level Artist will be working to create awe-inspiring assets.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Level Designer and Art Director to bring aesthetic composition to scenes;
- Model and texture assets to dress and populate the scene (foliage, environment props);
- Integrate the objects and textures that are produced into the level, create and assemble the key elements, giving context to the story;
- Work effectively in a collaborative environment, providing input and regular feedback.
Qualifications & Experiences
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in level art, modeling, texturing, lighting, image processing, or other relevant experience;
- Experience shipping indie or AAA titles as a level artist;
- Knowledge of 3D software and optimization techniques.
- A proven ability to work in a team environment and communicating with designers & programmers;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in both French and English;
- Experience working on sandbox environments;
- Experience working on narrative games;
- A demonstrated ability to improvise and creatively solve problems.
We are currently building a game called Season.
Close your eyes, take a deep breath and let yourself be carried away by the journey of Season, a third-person atmospheric adventure bicycle road trip game. The premise of Season is that you play a traveller recording the last moments of different cultures before they’re washed away. Through the eyes of a young woman leaving a secluded community, you explore the wider world for the first time.
- Full time permanent position;
- Competitive salary;
- Benefits and vacation;
- Teleworking and / or hybrid formula;
- Great work-life balance, we limit crunch as much as possible;
- A creative team open to new ideas!
Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.
Scavengers Studio is an equal opportunity employer. We offer the same accessibility to employment without distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and age.