Proletariat is looking for a Lead Level Designer to work on Spellbreak and other exciting upcoming projects. This position will have an integral role in leading and managing a team of designers responsible for the map and gameplay spaces in our projects. Please provide a link to your portfolio when you apply! You will potentially be asked to complete a design test.
- Lead, manage, and motivate a team of level designers and act as an advocate for them and the discipline to the wider team.
- Manages and oversees the level design and implementation process of projects.
- Along with the Content Director, ensure consistent and high-quality content across the entire game.
- Mentor and grow the Level Design team.
- Work with the Design Directors to plan and deliver content in line with the broader vision and goals of the game.
- Translates game concepts into specific playable levels, including layout, modeling, gameplay, event scripting, balance and tuning of levels.
- Leads the development of level / environmental architectural details and flow charts for all levels of assigned games
- Communicates ideas cross-functionally to solicit feedback and ensure support during game level design development.
- Works closely with members of the production team to execute level designs and to work through level design revisions as needed.
- Coordinates work of 3D artists for textures and details to establish levels' final appearances.
- Ensures research is conducted for levels.
- 5+ years of experience of professional work experience required
- 6+ years of professional games industry experience preferred
- 1+ years of experience managing at least 2 direct reports
- Previously shipped titles, particularly RPGs, MMOs, open-world, etc heavily preferred
- Strong familiarity with best practices in level design, environmental storytelling, content delivery, and live games
- Experience with documentation and production pipelines on medium to large teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong empathy for your coworkers and players.