UMA, a startup specialised in the creation of next generation serious games, is seeking a mobile game programmer.
Our mission is to create engaging and memorable learning experiences through video games, unlocking students’ intellectual curiosity and potential.
UMA’s first product, a video game to learn Algebra, is being developed by a team of leading designers, educators and technologists to bring experiential, evidence-based learning to tweens and teens everywhere. We are building a fully-featured app using Unity for both iOS and Android, and are looking for someone who can lead the development process and move across gameplay, UI and systems. You will be one of our first technical hires and will have strong potential for growth and career development.
- Be the technical lead in architecting and executing gameplay systems that transform students’ lives for the better
- Work closely with UMA’s co-founders, designers, educators and technologists to prototype and build bold new experiences
- Experiment with game design and use rapid prototyping while ensuring that strong architectural decisions are made
- Help solve complex systems/gameplay engineering problems with elegant and creative solutions
- Fix bugs and issues found by testing the gameplay
- Prototype and iterate on features and be responsive to constructive feedback
- Solve other engineering discipline tasks, such as animation programming, back-end, and device debugging, and maintaining build scripts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience building mobile apps on top of a game engine
- At least 3 years of experience developing games and mobile apps
- Big plus if part of those 3+ years of experience were spent developing indie games or working in startups!
- Deep familiarity, experience and knowledge using Unity and C# across the entire pipeline of 2D and 3D game development
- Experience building Platform and Puzzle games is a big plus!
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Proactive, curious and humble mentality, a team player that is not afraid to ask for help when needed
- Comfortability working in a high-growth startup environment
- Passion for learning, and commitment to UMA’s mission
- Ability to work in the UK
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £45,000.00-£65,000.00 per year