We’re looking for an experienced Lead Engineer to join the Project Quartz development team. Team Quartz is focused on developing and delivering robust and fun multiplayer development and gameplay experiences in a sandbox environment. We want you to help us do that!
You are a tested game dev warrior who’s earned your AAA stripes. You know what it takes to lead a team. You inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more. Your team can rely on you to keep them focused and on the right track. You have a wealth of C/C++ knowledge and you know how to share it.
In this leadership role we are looking for a strong ability to serve as an advocate for the team. You will nurture and guide your engineering teammates through technical challenges and serve as a collaborative partner for the design team while prototyping unique and engaging gameplay experiences.
- Writing code (Yes! you will write code, every day.)
- Participate in code reviews.
- Conduct bi-weekly 1:1 meetings.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain software components, systems, and features.
- Lead, motivate, and develop the engineering team.
- Champion and advocate for your team.
- Provide feedback and guidance for technical deliverables.
- Collaborate with production on monitoring and prioritizing work to ensure goals are being met and can be met in the future.
Skills and XP you'll Need:
- 6+ years professional C/C++ programming.
- 2 years of experience as an engineering manager or technical lead.
- Extensive UE4 experience.
- Experience developing in a large codebase.
- In-depth understanding of 3D math.
- Ability to articulate technical requirements.
- A deep passion and enthusiasm for making great games.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Experienced at eliminating ambiguity, creating accountability, and maintaining ownership.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Two shipped retail titles.
- Console development experience.
- Experience in growing teams: interviewing junior/senior engineers and onboarding new team members.