We are in search of a talented Lead Animator to join the animation team and guide them in crafting industry-leading animations and memorable gameplay experiences. You will function as team leader, mentoring junior animators and assisting with all aspects of animation project management including taking the lead on coordinating with other departments, sprint planning, dependency tracking and empowering your team to do their best work!
You are the captain of your team. They can rely on you to keep them focused and on the right track. You have exceptional communication skills and can translate style guides and reference material into meaningful direction for your team. You have a strong understanding of camera animation, cinematic framing, as well as shot continuity and facial animation. Most importantly, you are excited by and care about the people you work with, the environment in which we all participate and can’t wait to be a part of developing great games!
- Work closely with Art Director to establish signature animation style(s), implement best practices, and ensure highest quality animation are delivered on time, in spec.
- Provide direction, mentorship, advice, and feedback to the animation team daily/in real time.
- Work across departments to collaborate with producers, designers, artists, programmers, etc. to establish, iterate, and refine animations as part of the development process for a Signature Style.
- Create character motions through a blend of key-frame animation and motion capture.
- Facilitate and inform tool development.
- 7+ years of professional gameplay animation experience.
- 2+ shipped titles preferred.
- Expert with Maya, MotionBuilder, or similar package.
- Expert keyframe animation skills.
- Great instincts for realistic movement.
- Experience in a Lead or mentorship role.
- Experience editing and cleaning up motion capture data.
- Strong written and verbal communicator with a positive attitude.
- Natural problem solver, enjoys a challenge and has strong sense of team work.
- UE4 experience.
- Mesh Skinning Vertex weighting experience a plus.
- A degree with an emphasis on animation desired.
- Facial Rigging and Animation Pipeline.
- Understanding of MEL/Python.
Required Application Materials
- Demo Reel.
- Must be willing to complete an animation test if requested to do so.