Proletariat is looking for a Junior Level Designer for Spellbreak, our upcoming multiplayer action-spellcasting game. This role works closely with the other level designers, map artists, and the design team as a whole to build interesting spaces for story, combat, and movement. This is a great chance for someone to get their foot into the industry or transition into a level design role.
- Collaborate with other level designers to concept, create, and polish areas of the game world in Unreal Engine 4 that meet both gameplay needs as well as the needs of our ongoing map-based content.
- Greybox/block out parts of the map for interesting combat, movement, and story possibilities that enhance and enable both existing systems as well as new mechanics.
- Work with with the map artists to ensure content meets a high visual bar.
- Give critical feedback to the rest of the team about the game as a whole.
- Familiarity with level design and creation, either in a professional capacity, school, or side projects
- Familiarity with modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc) and their level-editing tools
- Familiarity with competitive multiplayer games and/or open-world games
- Strong communication skills, both written, verbal, and artistic
- A bachelor's degree in a related field (architecture, liberal arts, computer science, etc)
- Candidates should provide a link to their portfolio and will potentially be asked to complete a design test.