PerBlue is looking for a passionate Japan Community Manager (Part-Time/Intern) to join our team. We’re a quickly growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games have been played by millions people around the world, including our recently launched Disney Heroes: Battle Mode. We’re looking for a part-time fluent Japanese speaker who loves games to help us manage and optimize the experience for our players in Japan.
- Work across multiple teams including Design, Live-Ops, Support, and Marketing to represent the interests of the Japanese player base
- Provide localization and culturalization feedback on in-game events, game features, creative assets, and marketing assets
- Translate patch notes, support tickets, and miscellaneous projects
- Manage and provide insight into the Japanese player community and help interpret player feedback
- Fluent Japanese speaker and writer
- Experience managing and facilitating player communities, forums, chats, guilds, etc
- Experience with and passion for MMO / RPG / Strategy / Mobile games
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Self motivated and resourceful with the ability to work autonomously
- Organized with the ability to juggle multiple projects with different deadlines
- Close attention to detail, process driven, and results-focused
- Ability to thrive in a fast moving and ROI-driven environment
Compensation and Benefits
This is a part-time paid position based in Madison, WI. We have a catered lunch program, a snack-stocked kitchen, and a refrigerator full of liquid refreshments. You’ll enjoy our regular socials, be part of an energetic and collaborative environment, and work with a great team. We have flexible hours and are located in a vibrant neighborhood in beautiful downtown Madison.
PerBlue is an independent game development studio based in Madison, WI with a highly skilled team of amazingly talented people. We’ve been named a “Top Developer” by Google, a “Best Place to Work” by Madison Magazine, and “Madison's Favorite Tech Startup” by the Isthmus.