IronOak Games is seeking a talented and enthusiastic programmer to join our team in Vancouver. We are looking for somebody with a wide toolset that is excited to solve various technical challenges. As your first area of responsibility, you will work on porting our PC build for console support. You will also be working closely with the rest of the development team, QA, and game design to help bring forward additional PC content.
Why You Will Love IronOak Games
As part of the Curve Games first party studios, IronOak Games is known for their acclaimed game, For the King, released on PC and console. Born from humble beginnings, the studio maintains a nimble and agile mindset that values people first. Where every voice matters, no matter the role, your ideas and contributions will leave a mark on all of our releases. There is plenty of opportunity to be involved in a broad range of challenges. We also have a pretty fun office with a bustling pinball scene, a frequent board game scene, and a broad spectrum of talents and appreciations.
What You Will Do
- Create stable working versions of future releases on PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch
- Work with Steam subsystems and console SDKs and APIs
- Ensure gamepad/controller is an enjoyable user experience
- Ensure game graphics are representative of the game’s PC experience
- Debugging and fixing any issues that arise in the porting process
- Take part in the development of new game features and help support the game.
- Work alongside QA to debug and triage any potential issues
What we are looking for
- Experience with Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch platforms
- Strong C# skills and Unity programming experience
- Experience with code optimization and performance analysis
- Strong comfort level in working alongside and improving upon an existing code base
- Strong communication skills
- 2+ years programming experience
- Computer science or related degree, or technical experience equivalent
- Familiar with For the King and the land of Fahrul
- Experience With Unity
- MapGen, ProcGen
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work in an indie studio connected to a global publishing company
- Work on exciting projects with successful, well-loved IP
- Great team environment with a deeply committed, caring group that looks out for each other
- Extended health, dental, vision benefits package for you and your family
- 4-weeks of Flextime for vacation & sick days plus an additional week off during Christmas Holidays
- Flexible hybrid work from home
- Fun office environment with lots of rotating activities – archery nights, Magic nights, Canucks games, vegetarian Fridays, and so much more
If this sounds like you, please reach out and say hi and send your resume to email@example.com