UP360 is modernizing the way we educate and train the workforce of tomorrow. We create hands-on virtual reality-based learning experiences that are fun, memorable & inspirational. From the design and development of simulations to the distribution and support of hardware to power them, UP360 is a leader in immersive learning technologies and the starting point for any organization that wants to use virtual reality for learning.
UP360 is currently seeking an Intermediate Programmer (Unreal Engine 4 “UE4”). As an Intermediate Programmer for our studio, you will be leading a dedicated team of developers as you work to curate and enhance our existing code base, while bringing in your own experiences and methodologies to improve our pipeline, development standards, and the end products. We’re looking for someone who’s ready to take charge of a group and use their wisdom to lead us into the next level of UE4 development (and eventually into UE5!).
- Plenty of opportunities to learn, grow your career, and wear lots of hats.
- Startup life – flexible, relaxed, yet high stakes work environment.
- Awesome coworkers who care about their work and each other’s growth.
- Competitive benefits include medical, dental, vision coverage.
- Team socials.
Responsibilities Include (not limited to):
- Build and implement game mechanics.
- Maintain the codebase to ensure it stays up to date in the event of depreciation.
- Develop and implement gameplay systems in a multiplayer environment.
- Implement game features and integrate engine features as needed to support desired gameplay.
- Provide hooks between low-level technology and game-level systems
- Design algorithms that provide the desired gameplay results within real-time performance and memory budgets.
- Analyze and refactor code to optimize performance.
- Evaluate and communicate the potential impact of code changes
- Suggest solutions to maximize features and fulfill design desires
- Provide regular updates on technology risks and obstacles to designers, leads, and producers
- Test, debug and document code.
- Education requirement: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, engineering, or related area or equivalent professional experience / training
- 2+ years of game programming experience at indie, AA or AAA companies.
- Solid grasp of modern C++.
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4.
- Good understanding of optimization techniques both in UE4 and C++.
- Self direction and a proven ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Good interdisciplinary collaboration skills, both verbal and written.
- Capable of working with and creating game scripting systems.
- Strong understanding of the coding process, standards and methodologies.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Excellent analysis, problem solving, and rapid deployment of effective solutions.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize work.
- History of shipping AA or AAA games
- Experience on multiple platforms
- Experience with VR games and titles.
- Demonstrated passion for games and technology.