inXile entertainment is an Xbox Game Studio led by Brian Fargo. We specialize in deep, reactive, and narrative-focused RPGs, but also love exploring other genres. Our studio is filled with passionate developers who love making games, and playing them.
inXile Entertainment, a Microsoft game studio, is seeking an In-Game Animator to work with our outstanding development team. This position will help create and build upon our next generation animation system, tools and pipeline. You will work with a talented core team of passionate and committed individuals on creative and large scale projects. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with Realistic Motion Capture to create new character performances in a friendly and inclusive environment that fosters collaboration, fun and learning.
- Create visually stunning 3D animations.
- Motion capture editing and hand key animation on various characters / creatures
- Work closely with the team to deliver life-like character performances for original timeless characters.
- Strong knowledge of key frame animation and the understanding of body mechanics and principles.
- Implement, troubleshoot, and debug complex animation systems.
- Push the animation pipeline to help streamline workflow and quality.
- A keen eye for performance and weight.
• Iterate with designers, artists and animators to make the best game possible
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Animation or a similar competitive program.
- Production experience on current generation console and/or PC.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in animation for cinematic or equivalent.
- Exceptional skill in animating, especially characters, with a focus on motion capture.
- An outstanding demo reel demonstrating solid understanding of the principles of animation with a focus on high quality performance.
- Expert understanding of Motion Builder and Maya.
- Basic knowledge of unreal blueprints including importing animations, dealing with compression, blendspaces, additives, and montages.
- Hand key animation knowledge required. (though most motion for the project will be motion capture)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with artists, designers and programmers.
- Superb problem-solving skills and the ability to make timely, well-thought out decisions.
- Strong understanding of development issues involved in getting animations into a game.
- Ability to create high quality work on tight deadlines.
- A passion for game development.
(These are desirable skills and are not required but highly valued)
- Proven industry experience as an animator on at least one AAA title.
- Previous experience working on an RPG.
- Hand drawn animation experience.
- Unreal blueprint variable and advance editing