- Facilitate a best-in-class game development environment, inclusive of building a culture of success, creativity, low-drama and balanced lifestyle.
- Scope, plan, schedule, task, and execute high-quality game products and help build out full production teams.
- Manage multiple projects and teams from pre-production to production and launch, directing game production and coordinating activities from assistant producers to programming, level design, art, audio and all related functional areas.
- Facilitate communications internally between all departments as well as externally with third and first party partners on matters related to production.
- Establish and maintain pipelines and procedures for game production and insure that projects are delivered on-time and within budget.
- Assist in the creation, organization, and maintenance of project documentation.
- Assist with prospective employee evaluations, interviewing, identification and selection.
- Assist in assessing and overseeing outsourcing partnerships.
- Partner effectively with company leadership in forecasting, budgeting, and business model design.
- Rapidly identify production issues and conflicts between schedule, cost, and project scope.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of video game industry experience.
- Exhaustive understanding of all aspects of game production including planning, scheduling, budgeting, staffing, technology, design, art, audio, localization, QA, etc.
- Excellent leadership, project management, oral and written communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills and highly efficient time management. Strong capability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and motivate teams.
- Highly collaborative approach that works well in a deadline driven environment.
- Proven ability to grow, guide, inspire and produce growing development teams.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and lead multiple complex projects.
- Knowledge of the localization, QA, submission, and build processes.
- Absolute passion for playing and making games, including PC, console, and mobile games.
- Understanding of game platforms and knowledge of PC shipping process as well as console certification process.
- Degree in computer science, game development or related discipline.
- Shipped multiple game titles on PC and console platforms.
- Experience managing diverse and remote teams.
- Experience working in JIRA, Slack, Confluence and Discord.
- Extensive experience in the FPS genre.
Applications MUST include:
- Cover letter telling us why you are passionate about working at NWI.
Type & Location:
- Onsite - Calgary, AB
- Preference given to Canadian citizens