Gear Inc is a Game Studios located in Vietnam, at the crossroads of Southeast Asia. A booming hub for innovation and a thrilling place to live and work!
We have an experienced, international team of developers working on top-grossing titles played by millions of casual and core gamers. We are growing our in-house projects and also collaborate with world-class partners like Scopely, Socialpoint, Sony, Tilting Point, Miniclip, Riot & Rovio on multiple games.
We hire exceptionally creative and talented people from all over the globe that bring experience and international standards to the table, but that’s just the start!
Commitment to our people is our real strength and the key to our success.
Company size: +500 employees
For more information, please visit our website: https://www.gearinc.com/gaming/
Senior Game Designer
We’re looking for a passionate senior game designer to join our mobile game studio in Vietnam (Hanoi, Danang, HCMC). You would be in charge of:
New game ideas and prototyping
- Work on new game ideas, work with other game designers on improving/finalizing their ideas.
- Have a good knowledge of what games are on the market, what new ideas could bring something new.
- Transform high-level ideas into accurate, intelligible, and quantified specifications.
- Select ideas that would benefit from a prototype and work with the prototyping team to constantly create new prototypes.
- Act as product owner for the games in production, follow up with the team and project manager on the progress and respect of defined specifications.
- Make decisions on design choices and problematics that occur during production.
- Oversee the game mechanics, data, economy and progression.
- Constantly improve the overall creativity, inspire passion to the other team members.
- You have a chance to work on multiple games, define the roadmap of future games to create.
- You have a chance to work closely with both experienced Vietnamese and foreign experts.
- We provide attractive salary and benefits, international, fun and professional working environment.
- We provide an open and honest culture where people are valued, treated fairly and trusted and empowered.
- Flexible working hours. Our normal workweek is 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday).
- 13th-month salary and annual performance-based bonuses.
- Social Insurance under Vietnam law
- Health Insurance package
- Annual health check, annual flu vaccination
- Paid leave (12 days/year).
- Lunch allowance for full-time staff; Free drink (tea, coffee,...)
- Free English/ Vietnamese classes with a native teacher
- A standing desk if you like; No dress code; Company trip
- Pet-friendly working space (we have 4 cats and dogs)
- Free in-house gym and game room for everyone: We love board games, video games, PS5, ping pong, football tables, and VR games
- In-house gym including Yoga, BJJ classes.
- For non-Vietnamese staff, support for making Vietnamese work permits and resident cards.
- Salary depending on experience and portfolio
- Eager for strong experience in the mobile game industry.
- Be creative, imaginative and original.
- Good knowledge of relevant game mechanisms and the Mobile game market.
- Strong affinity and passion for games, especially Mobile games.
- Strong analytical and critical skills, know why an idea or a game is good or not and what can be changed to make it better.
- Good communication and very good knowledge of English, spoken and written.
- Ability to rapidly create coherent design mockups.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly.
- Be able to work in Vietnam—we will support relocation, work permit and other stuff
We Prefer Candidates Who Have
- Experience in Puzzle RPGs is a Plus
- Strong knowledge on which games are currently leading in the Puzzle RPG & RPG spaces.
- Previous experience working on any aspect of mobile games.
- Familiarity with any creation software and any game engine (Photoshop, any 3D software, Unity, etc).
- Native English speakers and/or foreigners are preferred.
We're open for remotely working during Covid time and will support your relocation when it's possible.
If you’re interested in this position, please send your profile to email@example.com