Playwing is looking for a talented Gameplay Programmer to join our brand new studio in Montreal, Canada.
Our small, experienced team is committed to building fresh, high-quality mobile games. We strongly believe in putting the fun front and center, and polishing every aspect of the player experience. Our agile, multidisciplinary approach means that you will work closely with designers and artists on the end-to-end implementation of core gameplay features from inception (initial design discussions, specification) to completion (design approved, code reviewed, test passed).
This is a unique opportunity to take part of an exciting adventure from the beginning. If you’re passionate about crafting kick-ass games for millions of players, you’re in the right place. Join us in our quest to create top-notch games on mobile platforms!
As a programmer, you will work closely with designers and artists on end-to-end feature implementation, from inception (initial design discussions, specification) to completion (design approved, code reviewed, test passed).
We are looking for someone who will:
- Implement, debug and refine gameplay features through rapid prototyping and iterative development
- Write clear, maintainable code with performance and portability in mind
- Enjoy tackling various topics ranging from fine-tuning controls and camera to writing procedural generation algorithms
- Collaborate with designers and artists, providing them with tools and technical support when needed
- Strive to deliver the best game experience through constructive criticism and creative contributions
The ideal person for the job has:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Game Design or related
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience developing games
- Strong C# programming and experience with Unity3D 5.x
- Excellent logical, analytical and mathematical skills
- Good understanding of mobile platform constraints and best practices
- Passion about games and understanding what makes them fun
- Great communication and organisation skills
Bonus points for experience with:
- Procedurally generated gameplay content such as levels, obstacles, items, etc.
- Free-to-play development, services and tools (monetisation, ads, analytics)
- Server/client development (leaderboards, cloud save, live ops)
- Agile development methodology and tools, unit testing, continuous integration, etc.
And this is what we offer for being part of this amazing family!
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- 5 mobile days (if not taken, it will be paid at the end of the year)
- Full package insurance
- Flexible hours
- Many activities paid by the employer
- No dress code
- Great and open-minded culture
- Start-up company with many opportunities
- You will work on big projects and with people who has many years of experience and amazing talent
- New and renovated office
- And you can also play videos games!! A great way to relax and having fun while working!
This is a full-time role at our brand new studio in Montreal, Canada.
If that sounds like you, then we would love you to come and work with us. Please send us an email using the form below, including a CV and a link to examples of recent work demonstrating relevant programming skills.
You must be willing to complete a technical test if requested to do so.