Volition is seeking an energetic, driven, and skilled gameplay programmer to participate in the development of technology for our next generation of titles. You will be working in a collaborative environment of artists, designers, and programmers and you will have the opportunity to build systems for large-scale open world games.
Tired of high cost of living and long daily commutes? Check out what Volition and Champaign, Illinois have to offer.
We are considering applicants for a mid-level programming position.
- Develop and enhance gameplay systems for AAA Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC titles
- Collaborate heavily with designers and artists
- Extensive C/C++ programming skills with an in depth understanding of software construction
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles as applied to architecting systems for use in large-scale code bases and teams
- 2+ years of professional game development experience
- Familiarity with building gameplay systems, and/or developing scripted missions
- Ability to debug efficiently on multiple platforms
- Demonstrated ability of strong communication and collaboration on a team
- Experience developing AAA titles on Xbox One or PlayStation 4 consoles
- Experience with visual scripting
- Multiplayer development experience
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and code samples to email@example.com with “Gameplay Programmer” in the subject line.