Mojiworks is a startup obsessed with making the best games for the Snapchat generation - the 400M+ people who connect with friends and family using Snapchat. Our games - like Ready Chef Go!, the realtime co-op cooking game with 70M+ players so far - help Snapchatters around the world make real friends through fun.
We use cutting-edge web tech to make our native-quality 3D games playable instantly in the spaces where friends hang out together most.
We're guided by our belief that high-empathy collaboration of diverse and talented teams is how we'll do the best work of our careers, right here.
What you'll be doing:
As a game programmer at Mojiworks you’ll develop games that pioneers how millions of people play together. You’ll be immersed in a creative, encouraging, and highly collaborative environment where your voice will be impactful. You will be involved in game design as well as programming, working with a stream of feedback to build and iterate using a variety of technologies. We’ll appreciate you for your great collaboration as much as your coding skills!
You’ll be responsible for creating game systems and features, and play a key part in deciding what our games should be. You’ll work on the entire lifecycle of projects, from prototyping to live operations on games.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience of game programming commensurate with your experience level
- A tinkerer who is excited to get their hands on new technologies and problems
- Empathy and confidence to give and take constructive feedback
You're good at:
- Contributing to all areas of game development including gameplay, UI, graphics, and cloud backend
- Full stack game development using web technologies such as TypeScript, and Node.JS
- Collaborating with the core team to define the game design whilst autonomously meeting targets and goals
You might also have:
- Full-stack development experience
- Mobile or web game development experience
- Game jamming or prototyping experience
- Experience of free-to-play game development and live operations
We're committed to building a team as diverse as our players, and eagerly welcome differences in background, life experience and culture. With us, you'll help to break down barriers within the gaming and tech industries. You'll help us to create an impactful and ethical company, and grow right along with us. If this speaks to you, we encourage you to apply.