Petroglyph seeks a mid to senior level game programmer to join the Petroglyph team. A programmer in this role will work closely with the lead programmer, designers, artists, and musicians with a great deal of autonomy to develop new systems and gameplay. Roles often shift, and programmers will work on a variety of tasks and can learn new specialties.
- Navigate and augment a very large existing code base.
- Design, implement, debug and document new game systems and tools in C++.
- Must create high quality, high performance code.
- Follow coding standards and best practices.
- Provide accurate time estimates for tasks and work within those constraints.
- Work cohesively with a team of programmers, artists and designers.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4 or more years of C/C++ or C# experience.
- Must be an avid gamer with a passion for creating great games.
- Ability to work independently and to be self-directing.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to adapt.
- Strong 3D math skills.
- 2 or more years of game industry and networking experience.
- Adaptable to different work environments. Windows, Linux, RDP, ssh.
- Database experience. Postgres, SQL Server.
- Cloud experience. AWS, Openstack, Azure.
- Tools programming experience.
- Knowledge of multi-threading and SIMD technologies.
- Shipped at least one game, preferably cross-platform.
Full-time onsite employees must be eligible to work in the United States. We will also consider contract work from within or outside the USA. Strong English language skills in compatible time zones will also be considered.